Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wondering if I should go there

Today was first Sunday at Center of Praise. That means that the whole choir sings--3 services in the morning and the evening Communion. It is quite the workout in more ways than one. Today in service we sang a song called Our Father by Fred Hammond. I tell ya that ever since I've joined COP I keep getting struck in the heart by these songs about fathers.

I didn't get to grow up with my dad and now that I'm an adult, I still don't really know him. I feel that there is peace between us, I just don't have a relationship with him.

A month ago my mom got really mad at me and disowned me. I was sad about it, but I admit, I'm somewhat relieved. Our relationship is always tense.

All this to say that I essentially don't have parents that love and care for me. When we sing those songs at church about a loving father, it is half comforting and half sad.

I know God is good and He has been really good to me. Todays songs are meant to remind everyone how loving a God He is. I know that's true!

Yadda, yadda, yadda...

2 comments:

  1. You know, Marita, one time when we sang that song, I felt this impression to state that some who were singing it didn't have an earthly father or didn't grow up with one, and yet...do you remember me saying that? Was that just for you, beautiful Marita?

    I'm so sorry to hear about your parents; they don't truly understand what they're missing, I'm sure. In the meantime, whenever you need a little extra parental hug or mama food or daddy love, feel free to call my parents. They are always available to extend extra love to those in need. I think you already know that, though, right? Hope you take us up on that. I'd love to call you sister (not just sister in Christ).

    xoxo

    AE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I do remember that you spoke about people not having earthly fathers, yet we have a heavenly Father. I think that was most certainly for me! :D

    I like that you offer your precious parents. I can tell that they've been 'parenting' lots of people over the years. They are really good at it too. (Well they raised you didn't they?)
    Anyways you are my sister!! I am so glad that we get to serve in such a healthy, green pasture.
    I'm glad I have a great church FAMILY.

    ReplyDelete