Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year, New Dreams





I had a strange Autumn this year. Several things that I was going to begin: School, helping a relative, and a bible study- didn't happen. Circumstances changed and I couldn't do any of those projects.

I honestly felt thwarted.

Praying about this has helped a bit, yet, I want to do something creative.

Our whole church is beginning this new year with a Daniel's fast and prayer. I am praying that the Lord will touch my life and direct my path. This fast will be 21 days long-like Daniel did.

I am helping out a bit more at church and that has been a blessing. It feels great to get back in the game. After our really bad experience a few years ago, I haven't been stretching my 'servant wings' on a real regular basis in a church.

Ok, God. I am waiting on You. I know that You are a mighty God and You stand alone-none compares You and I certainly can't imagine what You have in store. Help me to hear Your voice. Help me to dream. Amen

3 comments:

  1. I've felt like this many times. When I want to be serving in some way, yet He hasn't showed me where that is. I was encouraged by the reminder that...Sometimes He gives us quiet moments of preparation. Quiet moments to just draw near to Him. Sometimes it's not about the doing, but about the being... being in His presence. Love to you. ~S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stacy. I appreciate your sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our brother Daniel had 3 years of prep-time getting ready for his next appointment. The Bible gives ONE SENTENCE to those 3 years. God uses you every day Marita...AND, He is preparing you for tomorrow at the same time.

    ReplyDelete